Personal Data What information do we collect?
- Your name, property address, telephone number and email address. We’ll only use this information to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Your preferred method of contact, so that we can continue to use the platform you’re comfortable with e.g., email, Instagram, Facebook.
- Your social media profile name, so that we can find you again.
- Correspondence e.g., emails and postal mail.
- Documents we’ve created for you e.g., quotations and invoices.
- Details of any works we carry out at your property.
- Before and after photos, limited strictly to the works we are carrying out. If you’re happy for us to share these on our website or social media platforms, we’ll also store are copy of your signed authorisation.
- Details of any payments you make to us, although this does not include any bank account or card details (see below).
What information don’t we collect?
Our business is home renovations, so we have absolutely no interest in holding onto any extra information about you than is absolutely necessary.
- Information about your browsing habits on our website. You can read more about this over on our Cookies page.
- We do not use customer usernames or logins for our website. We therefore do not collect any usernames or passwords from you.
- Bank account or card details relating to your payments, as all electronic payments to us are made through your online banking.
We keep the personal data that we hold to an absolute minimum. However, for anything that we do hold, we’d like to let you know the following:
- We apply electronic safeguards to the collection and storage of all personal data, including firewalls and encryption.
- We’re a small family-run company, so your data is processed only by us, not third-party subcontractors.
- We will ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you e.g., if you have asked for a copy of your information under GDPR.
If you do need to contact us, you can send us an email at [email protected]. By sending us an email, you are consenting to our reply and any subsequent related emails. We don’t use a mailing list of any kind and your email address will not be used for any marketing purposes. Your email address, and any information contained within the emails, will be retained only within our mailing system for a limited period. At any time, you can ask us about the information we hold relating to you. We automatically delete all emails older than 6 years.
You have the right to request details of any information we hold about you, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). There’s lots of great information about GDPR available at the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you’d like to request details about information we hold about you, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject ‘GDPR’, and providing your name and address so that we can start the search process. We’ll still process any requests you send us through other platforms or that don’t mention GDPR in the subject, but we ask that you do if possible, as we want to ensure nothing gets missed.